So, I tried baked oats for the very first time this morning and it was incredible. It came out all crispy on the top and soft and gooey in the middle and I shall definitely be making these again and experimenting with different flavour combinations. I posted a picture of my baked oats on instagram this morning and I got a lot of comments for the recipe so for those of you that read my blog here is the basic recipe for my baked oats. I will also be trying out more flavour combinations and when I do I will put up another post for different recipes. But I thought I would just share with you the base recipe today and then you can experiment yourself with any flavour combinations and toppings you like.
Baked oats basic recipe:
- 50g oats
- 150ml milk of your choosing
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp honey/agave nectar/golden syrup etc
- 1/2 a mashed banana
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 180 fan oven or 200 degrees normal. Combine the oats and milk in a bowl
- Add the mashed banana, sweetner of your choice (I used agave) and baking powder and mix until combined
- Spray an oven proof dish with fry light or use a little oil so it doesnt stick. (I actually forgot to do that and it stuck a bit but it came off easily when I soaked it in hot water and washing up liquid)
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
Before I put mine in the oven I topped it with the rest of the banana and then put peanut butter on top once it had baked.